Healthy Dog Treats For Sensitive Stomachs
So, what are the 8 best dog treats for sensitive stomachs?
Those who own a dog with an uneasy stomach know how challenging it can be to find appetizing, healthy dog treats for sensitive stomachs.
Though many dogs are happy to devour nearly anything, some dogs are more prone to having a sensitive stomach than others.
While there could be numerous reasons why a dog’s stomach is uneasy, the primary factor that contributes to sensitive stomachs in dogs is their diets-some treats just do not agree with dogs!
VIDEO: The GI Tract and Sensitive Stomach
This is why finding a treat that your dog can enjoy without feeling nauseous is so important.
Table of Contents
Why do dogs have digestive issues?
There are things that your dog’s stomach is capable of processing that you would never dream of eating yourself.
Those who have seen their dog chew a tennis ball to shreds, devouring half of it, know what we mean.
However, some dogs have difficulty digesting healthy ingredients.
In dogs, digestive problems can cause the following symptoms:
- Vomiting or feeling nauseous
- Having soft stools or diarrhea
- An increase or decrease in appetite
- Salivating more
- Excessive gas
- Lower energy or lethargic
What causes dogs to have sensitive stomachs?
Stomach sensitivity is frequently caused by an allergic reaction to a specific ingredient.
Dogs, for example, can develop allergies or sensitivities to ingredients such as corn, wheat, beef, and chicken.
A change in your dog’s dietary routine can also cause occasional stomach sensitivity.
Recurrent digestive problems are frequently caused by an underlying condition, such as inflammatory bowel disease.
In such cases, selecting dog food and treats made from easily digestible, whole-food ingredients is the best option.
Consult your veterinarian if you are concerned about your dog’s digestive health.
Even if your dog’s symptoms are minor, untreated digestive issues can lead to bigger problems later, so recurring digestive issues should be addressed right away.
What to Look for in dog treat ingredients?
The majority of your dog’s nutrition comes from his daily diet, but that doesn’t mean you should buy any old bag of dog treats.
It is critical to provide your dog with high-quality treats that promote healthy nutrition without upsetting his stomach.
Here are some features to look for in dog treats for sensitive stomachs:
- A single high-quality animal protein source (like turkey, lamb, or salmon)
- Carbohydrates that are easily digestible (avoid fillers like corn and wheat)
- Healthy fats derived from animals (like chicken fat and salmon oil)
- Sources of dietary fibre to help with digestion
- Natural sources of key nutrients can be found in fresh fruits and vegetables.
- That There are no artificial colours, flavours, or preservatives in the product.
- Probiotics and prebiotics to promote regular and healthy digestion
Below are the Top 8 dog treats for sensitive stomachs
You can rest assured that these treats are made with healthy, high-quality ingredients without artificial additives or low-quality fillers that might upset your dog’s stomach.
Best Dog Treats For Dogs With Sensitive Stomachs
JUST FOOD FOR DOGS - Chicken Breast Treats for Dogs
Our most popular and beloved snack for dogs is our Chicken Breast Treats, which are better than your typical chicken dog treats.
Perhaps their simplicity is what makes them so incredible. We take chicken breast, slice it thin and then place it in the oven until it’s cooked into the perfect dehydrated chicken dog treat.
It makes the ideal treat, and your dog will absolutely love them!
JustFoodForDogs was started with one goal in mind: to improve the length and quality of life for as many pets as possible.
They believe our pets are members of our family and deserve the same high-quality nutrition we expect for ourselves.
Everything they do is focused on delivering more life, more years and more love!
- Our Most Popular Treat
- No Hormones Added
- No Preservatives
- Lean, High Protein Dog Treats
- BPA-Free Packaging
Best Homemade Dog Treats For Sensitive Stomach
Natural Freeze-dried Guilt Free Treats
Our tasty, freeze-dried raw beef treats are made with fresh, single-sourced USDA free range beef tripe.
Packed with probiotics to promote digestive health and support the immune system they’re the perfect, protein-rich treat to help your bestie live their best life.
We never use grains, preservatives or other nasties.
Free from added hormones and antibiotics, Our slow 48-hour freeze-drying process locks in vital nutrients without cooking the raw meat.
Promotes overall health and vitality with no added fillers, flavoring or rendered by-products. 100% USA sourced, made and packaged.
Front of The Pack - Free Range Beef Tripe Treats
Hempchewz Immune Defence for Dogs
Support Your Dog’s Immune Defense Against Seasonal Allergies.
If your dog has poor gut health, and a weaker immune response, it may trigger allergic reactions like:
- dry flaky skin
- excessive shedding
- chewing or licking of paws
- watery eyes, a runny nose, and sneezing
Hemp Chewz Allergy+Skin Health soft chews feature an advanced 6-strain probiotics blend for optimal gut health and digestion to help support your dog’s immune defense against seasonal allergies and other skin-related issues.
Allergy + Skin Health Chews for Dogs
How Allergies and Your Dog’s Gut Health are Linked
Your dog’s gut is the center of their immune system.
With a healthy gut and digestion, your dog’s immune system has a strong defense against allergens and can usually fight them off with little trouble.
Promotes healthy skin and coat for dogs suffering from seasonal or food allergies.
Contains an advanced blend of natural ingredients designed to provide support for dry itchy skin, hot spots, chewing of paws, excessive licking, and other irritating allergy symptoms.
Get Naked Digestive Health Grain-Free Dental Stick Dog Treats
Get Naked Digestive Health dental chew sticks are specially formulated with a grain free blend of dietary fiber, prebiotics, and naturally occurring live microorganisms (probiotics) to help maintain a healthy digestive system.
Added Ganeden BC30, a patented strain of Bacillus coagulans, helps improve the total number of beneficial microflora in the digestive system.
Your dog will gain the stomach empowering benefits of Get Naked Digestive Health chew sticks, while enjoying the delicious chicken flavor.
- All-natural, savory chicken flavored dental sticks help to support dental health as your canine companion chews.
- Prebiotics and probiotics helps improve the total number of beneficial microflora in the digestive system to support your pal’s digestive health.
- Gluten-free doggy treats made without corn, wheat or soy so your pup can feel his best.
- High in dietary fiber with oat fiber, flaxseed, and chia seeds and only 18 calories per stick for a low-fat and low-calorie treat.
- Helps keep teeth white by reducing buildup of plaque and tartar.
Mosaic Alligator Bars Kale & Quinoa Exotic Dog Treats for Weight Control
Mosaic Alligator Jerky is gluten-free, wheat-free, corn-free, and soy-free.
Fiber-rich ingredients make these exotic treats beneficial for dogs with weight control concerns.
Mosaic Alligator Jerky is a great protein source for dogs with allergies to common proteins, such as chicken, beef, and pork.
- Alligator is an ideal protein for dogs with allergies to more common proteins.
- Sourced and harvested in the USA without antibiotics or growth hormones.
- 100% free of grain, gluten, wheat, corn and soy for dogs with food intolerances or sensitive stomachs.
- Excellent source of protein and antioxidants.
- Naturally high in fiber to help aid digestion.
Rachael Ray Nutrish Soup Bones Chicken & Veggies Flavor Chews Dog Treats for Mobility
Rachael Ray Nutrish Soup Bones with Bone Broth dog chews satisfy your dog’s craving for soup bones in a hearty broth-the smart way.
Dogs can chew on these long-lasting chew bones for dogs without creating a mess or splintering.
The chicken flavored dog chews are made with real chicken and gelatin, which supports hip and joint health, as well as mobility in adult dogs.
A collection of real recipes with ingredients you can trust.
- Made with without added corn or soy ingredients.
- Tasty, long-lasting dog chews.
- Crafted with real chicken and veggies.
- Made without artificial flavors or animal by-product meals.
- Safely cooked in the USA with the world’s finest ingredients.
Fruitables Pumpkin & Blueberry Flavor Crunchy Dog Treats
Fruitables are produced by Vetscience, a company that conducts research on animal health to improve pet nutrition.
The treats and pet food supplements they make are made with natural and organic ingredients that are healthy and low in calories.
Dogs will go crazy for these limited ingredient recipes full of flavors they’ll love!
- Sourced and Made in the USA. A delicious combination of organic ingredients including pumpkin and blueberry.
- Delightful aroma will please you and tempt your furbaby.
- Made with superfoods and antioxidants to support your pal’s health.
- Only 8 calories for guilt-free treating and training.
- Crunchy texture is oh-so-satisfying for your pooch
Hill's Prescription Diet Original Crunchy Dog Treats
Hill’s Prescription Diet started with a veterinarian’s belief that some health issues could be managed through nutrition.
Hill’s goes beyond high-quality ingredients. Every recipe is formulated to ensure the proper balance of nutrients.
Hill’s has developed foods that provide the right nutrients to support pets’ health with specific health conditions.
- Dogs eating prescription food can still enjoy crunchy treats without compromising their diet’s effectiveness.
- Your pup will feel satisfied and full between meals thanks to the high fiber content.
- A low sodium diet helps maintain healthy heart and kidney function, and a low calorie diet helps maintain ideal weight.
- Developed specifically for adult dogs on a prescription diet such as a c/d, h/d, k/d, or l/d.
- By scraping plaque and tartar from her teeth as she chews, crunchy biscuits maintain good dental hygiene between brushings.
Best Dog Treats for sensitive Stomachs - What to do next!
No dog owners want their dog to deal with the stress of having stomach sensitivity after eating a treat. Such uneasiness can derail a training session or otherwise cause a dog to experience a bit of discomfort.
Finding healthy, wholesome dog treats is incredibly simple, armed with the right knowledge which we hope we have been able to impart.
Buying any of the dog treats for sensitive stomachs listed above will certainly please even the pickiest of pooches!
Did you know that a dog’s gut health has a significant influence on its overall health? A recent scientific study reports that 70% to 80% of all illness begins in the gastrointestinal tract!
Discover why this supplement is essential for your dog’s immune system and overall health-read our blog on: The best Probiotic for Dogs.
- Works Cited:
MacMillan, R. (2022, May 27). Sensitive stomach in dogs: Vet’s guide to causes and treatment.
PetsRadar. Retrieved July 11, 2022, from https://www.petsradar.com/advice/sensitivestomach-in-dogs